Deadline July 16, 2012
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with specialized epidemiology knowledge!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- collect, analyze and interpret data from infectious disease outbreak investigations
- research and analyze emerging public health issues and prepare scientific reports
- design and conduct complex and integrated data retrievals to meet health information and knowledge management requirements
- write and disseminate up-to-date epidemiological data for use by the branch, ministry, local heath boards and agencies
- develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- respond to inquiries and information requests
Location: 393 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- you have knowledge of epidemiology, public health and infectious disease control principles and surveillance, research methodology and statistical analysis techniques
- you have strong epidemiological research and analytical skills
- you understand infectious disease trends, control, strategies, issues and impacts
- you can monitor, investigate and analyze surveillance data and provide advice on surveillance issues
- you can use database and statistical software to analyze and interpret epidemiological data
- you are familiar with other applicable information systems (e.g. Integrated Public Health Information System – iPHIS) to design and conduct complex data retrievals
Business Relationship, Consultative and Communication Skills:
- you can establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- you can compile and analyze complex scientific data and prepare comprehensive reports
Salary range: $69,546.00–$85,979.00 per year
Please apply online, by July 16, 2012, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 43324 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://ww.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.