Deadline July 31, 2012
For over two decades, Kids Help Phone has been at the forefront in phone and web counselling, earning the respect and trust of educators, academics, social service providers and, most importantly, kids. Kids Help Phone is Canada’s leading youth counselling services, moving kids from distress and isolation to confidence and competence. Available anytime of the day or night, in English and French, by phone and by web, it is the go-to resource for kids in Canada from five to 20 when they need help or trustworthy information on issues that are difficult for kids to discuss with anyone else. Kids Help Phone’s counsellors offer compassionate, non-judgmental, and confidential help to kids in needs, no matter the question, no matter the problem.
To see the incredible work of our counsellors visit the “Ask Us Online” section of our website at http://kidshelpphone.ca.
The Director, Knowledge Mobilization & Program Development is responsible for the direction of our research and knowledge mobilization activities including providing clinical leadership to the development of public and youth facing materials, leading evaluation activities, developing and managing outreach programs to connect with Kids Help Phone’s strategic priorities and coordinating activities that ensure the research and data needs of Kids Help Phone are being met in a consistent, replicable and accurate manner.
We are seeking an individual with clinical, program design, research and managerial experience to direct and contribute to the activities of our Knowledge Mobilization Team.
The successful incumbent will be adept at moving between cross-organizational “big picture” tasks, supervisory activities, and detail-oriented project work. The Director, Knowledge Mobilization and Program Development participates in strategy discussions, leads research and public education initiatives, provides final clinical review and substantive editing of internal documents, assists with proposal writing, oversees technology projects (referral database and knowledge management platform), and oversees evaluation and data collection. This person will also act as Clinical Lead to the Kids Website, a role which benefits from an understanding of digital media – particularly for a child and youth audience.
- Post Graduate degree in Social Work, Counselling Psychology or relevant clinical degree
- Minimum 5 years in social services sector, including 3 years at a management level
- Exceptional applied knowledge in one of: Brief Solution-Focussed Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Theory; Narrative Therapy
- In-depth knowledge of child , youth, and social services sectors
- Experience with successful program development
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and verbal communications
- Flexibility to move quickly between big picture and detail oriented projects
- Ability to customize communications for a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working with and facilitating cross functional teams
- Demonstrated experience with presenting to external stakeholders
- Experience in youth engagement activities, and/or developing resources for children and youth
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the health and well-being of young people in Canada
- Technical proficiency with MS Office Suite of applications and experience with online/web or technology projects
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining a team committed to the Kids Help Phone mandate, forward your resume and cover letter in one document by July 31, 2012 to [email protected] quoting “Director, Knowledge Mobilization & Program Development” in the subject line.