Deadline July 23, 2012
Organization: Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Division: Sport, Recreation and Community Programs Branch
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: 5513 - Community Development Officer 3
Salary: $1,224.31 - $1,476.66 per week*
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 45205
Do you have in-depth knowledge and experience in supporting sport and recreation organizations?
Consider this unique opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and analytical skills to support sport and recreation programs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
- provide expert sport and recreation consultative services and advice
- support the provincial interests, transfer and grant payments and related issues to ministry clients
- provide specialized consultation services as they relate to long term athlete development (LTAD) networking
- consult on organizational development and training to sport, recreation and physical activity organizations
- lead or participate as a team member on projects as assigned
- support operational policy and program development and implementation
How do I qualify?
- Proficiency in English and advanced level of oral and written French
Knowledge of Sport and Recreation Program Development:
- you know and can apply organizational development and change theory, principles, framework models and change strategies
- you have in-depth knowledge of sport and recreation issues, approaches and the benefits of recreation
- you can design, develop, implement and evaluate programs and projects specific to sport, recreation and physical activity
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
- you can support provincial-level sport and recreation clients in needs analysis and strategic and operational program planning
- you can assess and evaluate financial assistance for sport and recreation grant submissions
- you are able to identify and resolve problems and resolve conflicts
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- you can communicate with variety of clients and prepare briefing notes and senior level correspondence
- you can develop and deliver a range of workshops, training and information sessions using presentation and training skills
- you can work in a team environment to complete projects
- you can use tact, judgment and diplomacy when dealing with clients and the public at large
- you can use knowledge and skills in computer application software to prepare documents
Additional information: 1 Bilingual Permanent
Address: 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Consulting and Planning
Posted on: Monday, July 9, 2012
Note: This ad is also available in French.
How to apply:
You must apply online at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Jobs.aspx
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, July 23, 2012 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Pre Screening Questions
Are you proficient in oral and written French?