Deadline July 31, 2012
Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are publicly funded healthcare agencies dedicated to
enhancing the health, quality of life and independence of individuals in our communities by offering a single point of access to home and community services.
As part of a system wide initiative to strengthen connections across the health continuum, the South West CCAC is directly hiring 13 Rapid Response Nurses.
The Rapid Response Program is a new initiative to the CCACs to ensure effective transitions from acute to home and community care for two target populations: medically complex children and adults. This program will also ensure communication and linkage with primary care and provide timely and effective rapid response nursing in an individual’s place of residence.
Rapid Response RN
As a member of the client services team, the Rapid Response RN will provide the first in-home
nursing visit within 24 hours from hospital discharge. You will provide transitional support and care for clients from hospital to home – communicating the importance of primary care and performing medication reconciliation – reducing the risk for hospital re-admission.
You will review discharge care plans, confirm outstanding medical tests and review medication protocol. You will also initiate care connections across sectors especially with primary care
practitioner including facilitating the one-week post hospital discharge appointment for the client.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with their regulatory body
- Relevant experience (minimum 5 years) as a Registered Nurse
- Working knowledge of community resources and roles of health care professionals
- Knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate with clients’, their families,
- and other relevant individuals in order to follow through with care plan directives
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- French language is an asset
How to Apply: Please go to www.hrassociates.ca/swccac/rrn and click on Apply, or call Sheena Persaud at 1-866-598-1500, extension 233.
For more information, please visit http://www.hrassociates.ca/swccac/rrn.
Applications due by July 31st, 2012.