Deadline July 27, 2012
Position Type: contract - 4 days a week (with the potential for full-time, one-year Maternity Leave contract in October 2012)
Job Region: ON – Peel Region
Office Location: Brampton
Date Posted: July 18, 2012
Application Deadline: July 27, 2012
The Regional Diversity Roundtable (RDR) is a collaborative of organizations and institutions committed to building inclusion and diversity competence that results in the institutionalization of equity in their core values, structures, workforce, policies, and services. The RDR is looking for a professional individual committed to diversity and equity to manage, coordinate and consolidate its initiatives over the course of the project funding.
Under the leadership of the RDR, the Project lead will:
- Coordinate the activities and events of the RDR
- Implement the work plan of the Roundtable
- Create, lead, and coordinate working groups to assist project completion
- Provide administrative support to the RDR and its initiatives
- Research and compile diversity and equity management resources
- Document best practices for diversity initiatives and management within human service organizations
- Assist in the development and implementation of a sustainability strategy
- Represent the organization at community events and activities to enhance the organization’s community profile.
- Prepare and present presentations on various topics related to diversity and the RDR
- Research funding sources and oversee the development of revenue generating plans
- Maintain the organization’s financial records
The project lead will be an energetic self-starter with the following:
- A sound understanding and commitment to diversity and equity, and their implementation in the human service sector
- A combination of post-secondary education and experience in the human service sector (minimum 3-5 years)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with community outreach and engagement
- Proven ability and experience working with diverse communities
- Proven ability to conduct literature and community research
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong facilitation, coordination and organizational skills
- Previous experience working with collaboratives and networks is an asset
Currently based in Brampton, the project lead will be expected to travel across the Region of Peel and GTA. Access to a vehicle, vehicle insurance and a valid driver’s license is a requirement.
Salary/wages based on education and experience.
To apply, send an email titled "Application: Project Lead, Regional Diversity Roundtable" to
[email protected], attention: Hiring Committee.
Thank you for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police reference check.