Deadline August 10, 2012
The Canadian Women’s Health Network (CWHN) is guided by the following Mission Statement:
“The Canadian Women's Health Network is a network of individuals, groups, organizations and institutions concerned with women's health. The CWHN recognizes the importance of information sharing, education and advocacy for women's health and equality. We work to build and strengthen the women's health movement in Canada and throughout the world.”
The CWHN is currently in a transition phase from an organization which has received federal funding for 16 years to a new era where no funding is guaranteed (effective April 2013). We also do not have charitable status. We are, however, still a vibrant organization with a number of exciting projects underway.
We are currently seeking the services of a creative and qualified fundraiser to work part-time from their own home or office, preferably in the Toronto area or within commutable distance to Toronto. This work would be done in close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- 3 or more years experience in the field of fundraising and fund development within the non-profit sector. A CFRE or other equivalent professional designation is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge in the area of women’s health and/or the social service needs of women
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated success in fundraising via mutiple platforms including individual, corporate, foundation and events
- Experience with fundraising event planning
- Strong research and prospecting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To design a 2-Year Fundraising Plan approved by the Board of Directors of the CWHN which may include the following fundraising strategies: corporate donations and sponsorships, union donations, foundation grants, individual donations, memberships, social media, website and magazine advertising, a fundraising event
- To guide the organization toward a 2-Year Fundraising Plan during this transitional phase
- To write and deliver at least 20 funding proposals to potential donors and sponsors.
- To research new sources of potential future revenue
This is a short-term, part-time contract intended for an 8-month period, beginning in late August, 2012. Compensation for this contract: $40,000.
Applications should be sent by e-mail no later than August 10th to [email protected].
Please also check out our website at http://www.cwhn.ca.
Applications should include a clear indication of relevant experience, demonstration of familiarity working within the NGO sector, an indication of willingness to begin work by the end of August 2012.
All interviews will take place in person in Toronto or by Skype in early August. No telephone calls please.