September 22, 2012
The Central West Diabetes Regional Coordination Centre (CW DRCC) and the Central West Local Health Integration Network (CW LHIN) Primary Care
Leads proudly present: The Art of Chronic Disease Management.
Date: September 22, 2012
Location: Courtyard Marriott Brampton - 90 Biscayne Crescent, Brampton, On, L6W 4S1 (Hwy 410 and Steeles)
Target Audience: RD, RN, RPN, NP, PA, Pharmacists, Physicians, community service providers and Administrators who support clients with chronic conditions.
Keynote Address: Mike Hindmarsh Ph.D. (ABD), M.A., B.A.Sc.
1. Promote best practice and an interdisciplinary team approach to chronic disease management.
2. Increase awareness of chronic care resources, programs and community services.
3. Demonstrate innovative approaches in primary care to maximizing utilization of EMR systems.
4. Build awareness of technology and best practice tools to enable quality improvement initiatives in a variety of practice settings.
4. Initiate discussion regarding quality improvement initiatives related to navigation, access and transitions of care.
5. Promote integration of self management support into practice.
6. Provide a review of the management of Diabetes and Kidney Disease, mental health and chronic disease, foot and wound care, diabetes and vision loss, cancer care, Complex Diabetes care and mindful eating and chronic conditions.
If you are a healthcare professional involved in chronic conditions please join us for an interactive day focused on supporting collaborative practices.
Registration and Itinerary available online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S9VSFFD