Deadline: August 12, 2012
PUBLIC HEALTH PROMOTER
We have an opening for a temporary part-time position (0.50 FTE) in the Community Health Department beginning August 20, 2012. The Public Health Promoter plans and implements comprehensive public health programs and services using a variety of health promotion strategies. Initial assignment will be in Chronic Disease Prevention program, primarily physical activity.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related field
demonstrated skills in:
- program planning, implementation and evaluation
- health promotion and community development
- oral and written communication
- proven ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- certificate in Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion is an asset
- computer skills including word processing and Internet
- valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a safe and well-maintained vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer
- immunizations in accordance with Board policy including annual influenza immunization unless medically contra indicated.
Apply in writing by August 12, 2012 giving full resume of experience and qualifications to:
Director of Community Health
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Fax: (519) 271-2195
Email: [email protected]
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Perth District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer and values workplace diversity.