October 2012 through January 2013
Refugee Mental Health: Free Online Course for Health Care Providers
Free online course
Completion within two weeks (sessions available Oct./12 to Jan./13)
The Refugee Mental Health course was designed specifically for health care professionals to provide necessary information, skills and tools to identify, assess and support refugee clients’ mental health.
- Considerations in working with vulnerable refugee subgroups
- Common mental health problems in refugees
- Pathways to care
- Key issues in pharmacological and psychotherapy treatment of refugees.
This course is:
- Offers practical content in an interactive format
- Free to Ontario professionals.
After the course, participants can collaborate with settlement counselors and other health care providers on the Community of Practice (CoP).
Based at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) and funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), this project aims to contribute to an informed and sustainable network of service provision for refugees.
Information and the registration link is available at: http://knowledgex.camh.net/health_equity/immigrants_ethnoracial/Pages/elearning.aspx