Deadline: August 30, 2012
DIETITIANS OF CANADA JOB POSTING
DATE REQUIRED: Immediately
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE: August 30, 2012
POSITION: Bilingual (English/French) Contact Centre Dietitian with EatRight Ontario (ERO)
REPORTS TO: ERO Team Lead – Operations
TYPE OF POSITION: 1 full time or 2 part-time Bilingual Contact Centre Dietitian position for a term ending March 31, 2013; extension of term is dependent on continuation of grant from Ontario Government. The contact centre is located in downtown Toronto however; applicants from across Ontario are welcome to apply. .Selection of candidates will be based on best available skills and attributes that fit with the existing team mix.
EatRight Ontario Contact Centre Dietitians are primarily responsible for providing timely and credible nutrition and healthy eating advice to clients (health intermediaries and the general public) on the phone or via email, as well as the accurate collection and recording of data. The main focus of the service is health promotion and disease prevention. Contact Centre Dietitians are required to adhere to contact centre standards. In addition, as time permits, Contact Centre Dietitians will contribute to content development of the electronic nutrition knowledge database (OPEN). This electronic database requires continuous review and development of content to support Contact Centre Dietitians with evidence –based standardized responses, as well as client education materials. Dietitians also may support the EatRight Ontario web site with content.
· Registration with College of Dietitians of Ontario
· Two years of work experience that demonstrates strong counseling skills and adult education approaches.
· Contact centre or public health intake line experience is a definite asset.
· Excellent French and English oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated aptitude to work in a team environment.
· Ability to determine client needs and provide relevant information and referrals in an effective and efficient manner.
· Experience in development of client education materials, and writing for a public-audience web site is an asset.
· Information management skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
· Writing and critical appraisal skills to develop evidence-based nutrition advice are an asset.
· Customer service orientation.
· Strong keyboard and computer skills for information collection, retrieval and management.
· Provision of culturally sensitive advice and dietetic services in languages other than English is an asset.
· Flexibility to work some evening shifts [5pm to 9pm]
Dietitians of Canada offer compensation and benefits commensurate with required skills and experience for full-time and part-time positions.
A more detail position profile and information about the interview process are available from monica.beaumont @dietitians.ca
Applications are due Friday August 31. A resume and letter of application clearly stating available hours are to be submitted in confidence to [email protected]