Deadline: August 17, 2012
The Wellesley Institute is a policy and research institute committed to decreasing inequality and health disparities. We are looking for a hard working intern who is looking for opportunities to learn and to be challenged. The internship will provide an opportunity to develop your analytical, research, and project management skills.
This intern will work closely with Directors and other colleagues providing research assistance on a variety of projects, including advocacy work on the 2014 Toronto Municipal Budget. The work will include: literature searches, data analysis, logistical support for events and activities, and other tasks as assigned.
- 20 hours a week ($15/hour)
- Will require some flexibility in schedule; occasional evenings
- September 4th to December 15th
Application closing date: August 17th, 2012
Required skills and qualifications:
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with excel
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizational skills
- Interest in quantitative data analysis
- Interest in advocacy, and social determinants of health
Forward your resume to: [email protected]