Deadline September 28, 2012
Full-time, 6 month contract
London InterCommunity Health Centre has two busy East London locations. We serve a vibrant community that includes immigrants and refugees, people living in poverty (both housed and homeless), seniors, youth, and those with complex and chronic health challenges - including mental health and addictions.
The Medical Secretary provides reception and secretarial services for an interdisciplinary health care team. As an important first contact for the clients of the Centre, both in person and over the telephone, the position requires public relations and strong communications skills.
- Minimum three years experience working in a busy interdisciplinary medical office environment
- Experience using an electronic client/medical record, scheduling and contacting clients
- Competency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum one year experience answering a multi-line telephone system
- Ability to multi task and stay focused in a very busy environment
- Confidence in your ability to work professionally and purposefully with clients, colleagues and community members within a busy, multicultural setting
Speaking a language other than English is considered an asset.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours weekly) contract position for six months. Some evening hours will be required, as will occasional travel between our two locations. We encourage applicants who reflect London’s ethnic and cultural diversity.
Please submit a resume and covering letter by 4pm, Friday September 28, 2012 to: Stephanie McCulligh, Team Lead, Primary Care Admin Team, 659 Dundas Street, London, ON, N5W 2Z1, [email protected]; Fax: 519-642-1532
We thank all interested candidates.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.