Deadline October 9, 2012
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Once again, York Region has been named one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers. One of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities, we’re proud to be acknowledged as a place where professionals can bring their enthusiasm, talent and ideas for the future – while contributing to the progress of our vital community. As part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community.
Manager, Infectious Diseases Control #13640
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Infectious Diseases Control Division
Control of Infectious Diseases/Outbreak Management Program Area
Location: Newmarket, ON
Full-Time, Salary $103,270 - $121,472 annually
Reporting to the Director, Infectious Diseases Control, is responsible for managing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of designated programs within the Infectious Diseases Control Division, in compliance with Health Protection and Promotion Act, other relevant legislation, Ontario Public Health Standards and Regional policies, procedures and standards.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate Degree from a recognized university in nursing, environmental health or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive experience in infectious disease control, preferably in a public health setting, including demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in case/contact management and outbreak investigations.
- Knowledge of basic epidemiology and demonstrated ability to interpret descriptive epidemiologic data, tables and graphs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Legislation, Standards, Acts and Regulations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer services, communication, teamwork, initiative/self management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Contemporary supervisory and human resource management skills, knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, and labour relations principles and practices.
- Strong report writing, research, analytical and project management skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Demonstrated good judgement and the ability to perform well under stress and when handling emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs and services in an assigned program area.
- Ability to work outside regular hours, as required, and share an on-call schedule.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by October 9, 2012 quoting competition #13640.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.