October 4-5, 2012
The Regional Niagara Bicycling Committee (RNBC), in partnership with Share the Road Cycling Coalition and the City of Welland, is pleased to be hosting the first Niagara Bike Summit in Welland, Niagara's first Bicycle Friendly Community (Bronze).
Designed for civic and business leaders, cycling advocates and economic development decision-makers, the Summit will focus on the economic impacts of cycling. Local and international experts will present on topics including:
- the value-added economic potential of Bicycle Friendly Communities
- bicycle tourism and events' successes and opportunities
- how business districts can benefit from more bicycle travel
- the influence cycling has on attracting and retaining young people and jobs
October 4, 5:00-9:30 p.m.: Pre-Summit Bike Ride & Reception
Thursday, Best Western Plus Rose City Suites & Hotel, 300 Charles Dr. South, Welland
- Ride departs from the Best Western at 5:00 p.m.
- The pre-summit reception (8:00 p.m.) will feature Niagara wines and food by M.T. Bellies. Free bike valet will be provided by Bike Welland.
October 5, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.: Niagara Bike Summit
Welland Community Wellness Centre, 145 Lincoln St., Welland
- Keynote Speakers: Dave Cieslewicz, Former Mayor of Madison, Wisconsin and Founder, DCA Consulting; April Economides, Principal, Green Octopus Consulting and General Manager, Bike Nation, Inc.; and Janice Thomson, Chair, Niagara Parks Commission and Robin Garrett, CEO, Tourism Partnership of Niagara
Please join us as we explore the path to realizing the economic potential of cycling in Niagara.
For more information and to register, please visit http://www.sharetheroad.ca/niagara-bike-summit-s15734.