October 18, 2012
9:00 am.-4:00 p.m.
Centre for Health Safety and Innovation, 5110 Creekbank Road
Knowledge Mobilization is putting available knowledge into active service to benefit society. Doing this effectively & efficiently requires both skill and strategy. How methods, tactics, tools and resources are applied to moving knowledge into practice can determine whether we enable change or not. This workshop is focused on practical methods to build knowledge mobilization capacity of individuals and organizations.
What will you learn?
Using a comprehensive participant workbook (provided) and expert facilitation, each participant will learn:
- The major components of a knowledge mobilization strategy.
- How to develop a custom knowledge mobilization strategy based on case studies taken from a range of organizations.
- How to identify and adapt existing incentives, infrastructure, and resources to support knowledge mobilization.
- How to choose methods, tactics, and tools to ensure impact and maximum efficiency.
- How to identify and overcome barriers to knowledge mobilization.
- How to monitor and evaluate progress of the strategy.
Who is this workshop for?
People involved in the management and delivery of knowledge mobilization, knowledge transfer and exchange, and research impact activities in institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, government departments & agencies.
Event Fee: $295.00 + $38.35 HST = $333.35