Deadline October 26, 2012
The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care access centres (CCACs), long-term care homes, community health centres (CHCs), community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. The office of the South West LHIN is located in London, Ontario.
Committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships across the South West, LHIN staff will incorporate the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence, an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to transform the Ontario healthcare system, then consider the South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) for your next career move.
Decision Support Specialist - (Contract 12 month position)
The Decision Support Specialist will provide decision support, and data and statistical analysis using quantitative and qualitative resources in support of the identification of health system priorities and the development of relevant strategies for improved health outcomes and health system performance within South West LHIN. You will perform a key role in data compilation and manipulation, and use multiple tools to present the data for performance analysis and evaluation.
Your responsibilities will include: Developing reporting methodologies and standardized analytical methodologies and reporting specifications; extracting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting on health data from a variety of databases and other relevant sources; identifying and evaluating trends, and identifying potential opportunities for health care system service improvement. You will also provide expert advice, guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders on a variety of data related topics and issues including data extraction, analysis, and interpretation; data tools and tools design; implementation of data specifications; data/statistical modelling; development of monitoring and evaluation strategies, methods and tools and reporting in support of improved health system performance.
- Post-secondary education or training in a related discipline of epidemiology, business, health information management, health planning, statistics or research, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience within the health care sector and demonstrated experience and a high level of proficiency with a variety of population, health status and health service datasets and information sources including analysis and interpretation of clinical and service data.
- Experience with statistical quality control methods, research design, estimation and modeling methods and in utilizing data management, analysis and reporting tools including Cognos, Crystal Reports, SAS, case mix measures and mapping.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data using various software tools (e.g. MS Excel, Access) and to present information and express complex ideas clearly and effectively to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
For further information on the South West LHIN or to access the French version of the job posting please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca.
To apply online by October 26, 2012, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.