Deadline October 20, 2012
Great Careers & Healthy Lifestyles
Picturesque, multi-cultural, and rich with tourism, industry, and agriculture, Niagara Region encompasses the famous Falls and world-class vineyards. With a population of well over 430,000, our 12 communities have made us one of the most desired places to live, work, and play.
With over 3,000 employees, Niagara Region is responsible for such diverse areas as land use planning, transportation, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection and management, emergency medical services, public health, children’s services, and seniors’ programs to name a few. Niagara Region offers great career opportunities in municipal service and our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and wealth of programs will support your personal wellness and professional growth.
We value Choice, Honesty, Respect, Partnerships, and Service. If you share the same passion, we want to hear from you.
Temporary Full-Time (8-12 mths)
Under the direction of the Manager, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, the Coordinator will work with internal and external stakeholders to plan and coordinate the development of strategies and actions relating to strategic Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention initiatives (e.g., Road Safety).
- Undergraduate university degree in Health or related discipline.
Knowledge / Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required
- Experience working in a public health setting is required
- Experience with health promotion strategy is required
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders on major projects/initiatives
- Experience with project management tools/software is required
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and consultation skills with demonstrated political acumen
- Experience with communication campaigns is required
- Experience with volunteer management is an asset
- Demonstrated financial acumen including direct experience with managing finances and monitoring related project budgets
Salary range: $58,217.00-$68,490.00 per annum
Job Opening #9301
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges!
To explore this opportunity and apply online, visit us at http://www.niagararegion.ca and visit our Careers Page.
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than midnight October 20, 2012.
We appreciate receiving all expressions of interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be acknowledged. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.