North Bay, Ontario
Deadline October 30, 2012
Position: Clinic Dentist - Oral Health Team - Management/Non-Union
Hours of Work: Temporary - Full-Time - 35 Hours Per Week
Effective: January 7, 2013 to August 30, 2013 (subject to change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, the successful candidate will provide ongoing clinical dental care to children and adolescents attending the Healthy Smiles Ontario dental clinic at the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit. This individual must be able to assess clients in a holistic manner, utilizing a broad understanding of priority groups and the social determinants of health to identify additional supports required by clients. This position reports to the Program Manager of Oral Health.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from a university recognized by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and eligible to practice clinical dentistry in Ontario
- Current member in good standing with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Knowledge of and competence in current clinical techniques and procedures, including the interpretation of client medical histories, diagnosis through visual examination and interpretation of radiographs, preventive and restorative services, oral surgery, periodontics and endodontics and infection control measures
- Knowledge of the various financial assistance programs, such as Children In Need of Treatment (CINOT); Ontario Works basic, emergency, discretionary services; and Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) eligibility requirements
- An understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations such as the Health Protection and Promotion Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario Practice Standards and Code of Ethics, Child and Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); especially with youth and children
- Empathy and sensitivity to the needs of the target population
- Ability to form partnerships with Dentists and other care providers in order to ensure accessibility of dental care and treatment for priority groups
- Excellent computer skills for electronic record systems including web-based case management tools and creation of outcome reports
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Annual Salary: Minimum $121,969 to Maximum $143,373
Closing Date: October 30, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2012/043
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or
E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer