November 2, 2012
Are you interested in working with a national organization promoting physical activity in Canada? Do you have an interest in social marketing, physical activity and sport participation or the non-profit/charitable sector?
Application Deadline: November 2, 2012
Status: Full-time permanent
ParticipACTION is the national voice of physical activity and sport participation in Canada. Originally established in 1971, ParticipACTION was re-launched in 2007 to help prevent the looming inactivity crisis that faces Canada. As a national not-for-profit organization solely dedicated to inspiring and supporting healthy and active living for Canadians, it works with its partners, which include sport, physical activity, recreation organizations, government and corporate sponsors, to inspire and support Canadians to move more. ParticipACTION is generously supported by Sport Canada.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, managing and implementing marketing communications plans for all assigned initiatives.
1. Develops marketing strategies and implementation plans for assigned marketing projects in his/her portfolio
- Establishes marketing objectives, develops marketing strategies, budgets and implementation plans that reflect best marketing practices and are aligned with and support overall project objectives and
- Presents and gets support to plans from project team members, partners and/or sponsors
- Ensures plans are delivered according to overall project timelines within budget.
- Develops content for required marketing communications materials (i.e. eblasts, articles, presentations, brochures, ads, website content, and other communications materials for internal and external audiences) for assigned projects
- Provides client service with project stakeholders and partners, including status updates, client meetings, project reporting, responses to requests, etc. throughout project
- Contributes to evaluation and reporting of projects
- Analyzes and reports marketing performance; provide recommendations for improvement and makes suggestions for future changes
- Develops post-project case studies/submissions/presentations
2. Manages brand use and adherence to guidelines
- Ensures all marketing materials reflect the brand and adhere to guidelines
- Provides brand approvals on marketing materials developed by partners
3. Plans budget within assigned project and monitors and maintains budgets
- Investigates and collects supplier quotes
- Develops budgets, processes invoices and obtains approval from manager specific to elements within a project
- Monitors expenses against predetermined budgets
4. Interacts with relevant project suppliers, clients, partners and other stakeholders
- Manages external consultants and suppliers based upon negotiated deliverables to goals and objectives
- Provides support and seeks input from partner organizations as necessary
- Represents the interests of ParticipACTION to various stakeholders
- Acts as marketing liaison with incoming marketing requests/opportunities
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business administration or Physical and Health Education/Promotion, Sport Marketing/Administration or related discipline.
- 7+ years of solid experience in marketing communications, advertising, promotions, project management
- Experience with digital marketing desirable
- Excellent writing abilities, oral communication skills and presentations skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Understanding of design, print, digital, media, promotions, requirements, etc.
- Knowledge of the health and physical activity sector
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to work as a team member
- Effective project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze evaluation results and write reports required
- Bilingualism is an asset
Compensation: Please send your resume and covering letter outlining your salary expectations to [email protected].
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest in ParticipACTION; however only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.