Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline November 30, 2012
Competition #0017-12 – Infection Control Nurse
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for an Infection Control Nurse for its Communicable Disease Control Department in the Port Hope office.
Reporting to the Director, Communicable Disease Control, the Infection Control (IC) Nurse is part of the CDC team, based in the Port Hope office. In relation to infection prevention and control, the IC Nurse strategically plans and delivers programs, assists in policy development and performs evaluations in consultation with management and the CDC team.
The IC Nurse is the lead public health communicable disease resource person for the health unit and the community in infection prevention and control planning. Under the direction of the Director, Assistant Director and Manager, is responsible for the implementation of specific Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) Ontario Public Health Standards and Protocols and Guidelines, and Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit Policies and Procedures.
All Registered Nurses employed by HKPRDHU are required to maintain competency in immunization and participate in clinics as required.
The position involves travel throughout the district and variations of the working day.
For full details on the position, please visit the Health Unit’s website at http://www.hkpr.on.ca under the ‘Careers’ section.
The successful candidate will have:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification from the Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC) through the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- Preference will be given to those with current CBIC certification. Those not currently certified will be required to obtain CBIC certification within two years of hire.
- Minimum 18 months experience in infection prevention and control, or public health communicable disease programs, or a combination of both
- Public health experience must include one year of work in general communicable disease program and outbreak control
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Skills and experience in teaching, presenting and facilitating groups
- Experience in basic computer applications in a Window-based environment, experience with MOHLTC software programs desirable
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP level)
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- A valid “G” driver's license and access to a vehicle for work
Location Port Hope
Salary Range: $69,196-$75,985 (ONA 2012)
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 30, 2012, to:
Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
Tel: 905 885 9100
Fax: 905 885 9551
E mail: email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.