Deadline November 12, 2012
The Association of Ontario Midwives (AOM) is seeking a Clinical and Professional Development (CPD) Content Specialist to join our vibrant and energetic organization. The CPD Content Specialist will research and develop content to support the continuing professional development of Ontario midwives during an exciting period of growth, challenge and opportunity for midwifery in Ontario.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Research and development of clinical and professional development content
- Collaborating with and providing support to member-based working groups in the development of content and educational programming
- Project management support for continuing competency programs such as the Emergency Skills Workshop (ESW)
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of an online ESW Exam
- Creating and maintaining online member forums (discussion communities)
- Working with vendors, instructional designers and subject matter experts to deliver online educational content
- Writing status reports and ensuring project timelines and deliverables are met
- University degree in midwifery or related health discipline
- Excellent research, critical appraisal and writing skills
- Ability to collect and collate information and feedback from several sources
- Knowledge of and experience using adult education techniques in continuing professional education
- Knowledge of current trends in effective knowledge translation
- Experience with new learning technologies such as blogs, discussion groups or forums and other web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Effective problem solving skills and creative thinking
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, including maturity, diplomacy and an ability to foster productive professional relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This is a full-time, contract position ending March 31, 2013 with the possibility of renewal. The position offers a competitive salary, vacation and benefits package. This position is based in the Toronto office.
A resume and cover letter should be sent by November 12, 2012 to:
Sarah Knox, Director of Clinical and Professional Development
Association of Ontario Midwives
c/o Cheryl Runge email@example.com
Please include “CPD Content Specialist in the subject line. Please note that resumes received will be held confidential, shared with the selection committee only, and be used only for the purposes of selection for this position.
For more information on the Association of Ontario Midwives, visit http://www.aom.on.ca.
We regret we can only reply to those candidates who will be selected for an interview, but thank all applicants for their interest in this position.