Deadline November 7, 2012
The Canadian Network for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (CAN-MNCH) brings together more than 60 Canadian organizations who are actively engaged in MNCH programs in over a thousand regions around the world. CAN-MNCH plays a leadership role in creating collaborations among Canadian partners to improve effectiveness and accountability in our collective efforts to improve MNCH in the world's poorest countries.
CAN-MNCH is seeking a part-time, contract Program Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to the Director and Steering Committee.
- Responsible for facilitating the communication strategy, updating various sections of the
- website, conducting relevant literature reviews and web searches, preparing presentations,
- organizing and arranging meetings and relevant documentation.
- Coordinates and prepares agendas / materials for Steering Committee Meetings, Technical
- Working Groups and other meetings, records and distributes minutes and associated materials;
- Assists in maintaining the website and produces key messages materials (i.e. newsletter, listserve and weekly updates);
- Facilitates the completion of reports for CIDA in a timely manner;
- Drafts written correspondence or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary;
- Development and preparation of PowerPoint presentations, making travel arrangements and processing expense and travel claims;
- Maintains a library of resource files;
- Works with finance regarding budgeting;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists Director with verbal and statistical reports for the Steering Committee meetings and reports to funder(s).
- Works effectively within an interdisciplinary team, in varied practice settings, to achieve the activities mandated by the Network.
- Assist in the promotion and awareness of CAN-MNCH activities.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of group and public sessions, booking rooms creating flyers, invitations.
To download the complete job posting, click http://can-mnch.ca/job-posting-program-officer/.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume before November 7, 2012, at 4.00 pm to email@example.com.