Deadline November 16, 2012
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has a temporary opportunity for a full-time Epidemiologist until June 30, 2013, with the possibility of extension. The Epidemiologist will work within Oral Health, Communicable Disease, and Sexual Health Services and is responsible for increasing the Health Unit’s ability to monitor and manage infectious diseases and outbreaks. The Epidemiologist analyzes relevant data and supports staff members in appropriately managing and understanding epidemiologic information related to communicable diseases, sexual health and oral health and supports the Service in the application of computer data bases.
- Masters in Epidemiology and experience in applied epidemiology; previous experience in public health would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of current public health issues, particularly those relating to oral health, communicable diseases and sexual health would also be considered an asset
- Demonstrated skills in the theory and application of epidemiological concepts, trend analysis, forecasting and quality assurance principles
- Knowledge of health data sources and statistical packages
- Experience using statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata and familiarity with other software packages and programming languages currently used to collect, analyze and report epidemiological data in Ontario; good skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, prepare written reports, and make oral presentations, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly explanations and formats
- Effective project management skills and experience
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset
Please visit http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by Friday, November 16, 2012, quoting posting #EPIFTOPP-1012/01, to:
Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street
London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public’s health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.