December 7, 2012
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Note: This is an open invitation, and may be forwarded to interested parties.
This webinar will discuss how to build equity into health promotion planning. A brief overview of the six steps to planning will be described, followed by a more in-depth exploration of how to operationalize health equity into planning using the Health Equity Impact Assessment (HEIA 2.0) tool. Participants will be directed to references for further information.
There will be limited time for questions. If you are interested in planning-specific consultations, please register for a one-on-one consultation after the webinar.
- Nimira Lalani, MSc, Health Promotion Field Support Specialist: Policy and Planning, Public Health Ontario
- Ingrid Tyler MD, CCFP, MHSc, MEd, FRCPC
- To identify and explain the different steps used in our planning process.
- To provide you with the background, rationale, relevancy and context of the Health Equity Impact Assessment (HEIA) tool.
- To demonstrate how the Ontario HEIA tool works.
- To direct you to further resources for planning and HEIA-specific support.
For more information or to register, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4913577643#.
Stay up-to-date on upcoming events and calls for abstracts by visiting our calendar: http://www.oahpp.ca.
If you have submissions, or questions or comments about the items above, send them to email@example.com.
Public Health Ontario is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations to participate in this event, please contact 647-260-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.