Deadline December 3, 2012
Location: Community Health Services--Early Years Health Program/HBHC
Position: Public Health Nurse
Salary Range: $35.36 - $43.51 Per Hour (Ona)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a casual (temporary) full-time basis, working 35 hours per week from date of hire to august 2013.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes preparation in Public Health Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. A Certificate in Breastfeeding Management is required. Must be self directed and have broad knowledge and experience in health promotion strategies, adult education, facilitation, project management, and community development within a public health or community health setting. The ideal candidate with have strong leadership and communication skills, computer proficiency and practical experience as well as proven ability developing therapeutic relationships in working with families in the Early Years and HBHC programs. Additional language skills are an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
This position may require weekend and evening work to support the Early Years Health Program. Extensive daily travel may be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation.
- Using standards of promoting health, building individual/community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability, the nursing duties will include the following:
- Responsible for health assessments, health promotion, and health education within an Early Years program.
- Provides case management, service coordination, counseling and referrals for at risk and vulnerable families
- Maintains an excellent level of knowledge of Public Health Program Standards, HBHC protocols, resources available to clients and departmental and program policies and procedures
- Provides Breastfeeding support and promotion
- Provides Health Department representation on community based coalitions and groups.
- Responsible for keeping accurate health records and statistical information.
- Functions as a member of the Early Years Health team; collaborates with other divisions within the Health Department and the Children’s Services division of the Social and Community Services Department and the community to implement and deliver health promotion programs
- Assists in strategy and program development within the HBHC and Early Years Programs
- Performs other duties, as assigned..
Posted: November 23, 2012
Posting Expires: December 3, 2012
Posting #: H-386-12
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment. Questions about the job application process can be directed to the contact to the right. Apply online:
Human Resource Services
Regional Municipality of Halton
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
Fax: (905) 825-4032