Deadline December 10, 2012
Location: Community Health Services – Family Health Information Team
Position: Public Health Nurse
Salary Range: $35.36 - $43.51 per hour (ONA)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a casual (temporary) full-time basis, working 35 hours per week from date of hire to aproximately February 2014.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes preparation in Public Health Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service focus. This position involves extensive consultation on a wide range of health topics requiring a broad foundation of Public Health experience. A Certificate in Breastfeeding Management is an asset. Strong project management skills including organizational and time management, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and computer software proficiency are essential. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required between locations in Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation.
- Using standards of promoting health, building individual/community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability, the nursing duties will include the following:
- Provides assessment, support, advice and consultation to individuals, community professionals and health care providers in areas such as: mental health, preconception, pregnancy, breastfeeding, child health and parenting from 0 to 18 years and general health related inquiries etc.
- Collaborates extensively with staff from across the CHS division to review, develop and deliver consistent common messaging and resources for use via the telephone, web and social media.
- Participates in project and program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Represents the Health Department on community and corporate committees.
- Functions as a member of a team, collaborates with health department, division and the community to implement health promotion programs.
- Assists in strategy and project development within the Community Health Services Division.
- Responsible for keeping accurate health records and statistical information.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: November 30, 2012
Posting Expires: December 10, 2012
Posting #: H-392-12
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment. Questions about the job application process can be directed to the contact to the right.
Apply Online: http://www.halton.ca
Human Resource Services
Regional Municipality of Halton
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
Fax: (905) 825-4032