January 29, 2013
[date and time changed December 13]
2:00-4:00 p.m. EST
Canadian Cancer Society, 55 St. Clair Avenue West, 4th Floor
This forum will feature five panelists:
- Michael Perley, Ontario Campaign for Action on Tobacco
- Sarah Butson, YATI Program Manager, Ontario Lung Association
- Kale Brown, Youth Facilitator, Ottawa Public Health
- Dr. Peter Selby, Clinical Director, Addictions Program and Head of the Nicotine Dependence Clinic, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Donna Czukar, Director, Cancer Information Services, Canadian Cancer Society
Michael Perley will speak about tobacco protection and the impact of municipal and provincial level policies such as banning smoking in bars, on patios and extending to outdoor spaces. Sarah Butson and Kale Brown will provide an overview of tobacco industry denormalization as a strategy to prevent youth and young adults from starting to smoke. Dr. Peter Selby and Donna Czukar will discuss Ontario’s current Cessation System and plans for expansion. Please see the event poster.
OCDPA Panel Discussions are open to all and include a Q & A period. There is the opportunity to participate in-person or virtually.
For more information and the link to the registration form, please visit http://ocdpa.ca/PDTobacco.gk.