North Bay, Ontario
Deadline December 17, 2012
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office - North Bay
Additional Info: New Position
Under the direction of the Program Manager, Healthy Schools & Families Team, the Community Health Promoter, a member of an interdisciplinary team, works with community partners including schools and priority populations to meet the requirements of the Chronic Diseases and Injuries Program Standard as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008). Work involves planning, developing, implementing and evaluating a range of assessment and surveillance, health promotion and policy development initiatives.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate degree (4 years) in health science or applied science (health promotion)
- Two years experience in community health promotion programming grounded in knowledge of community development process, health policy analysis and development, social marketing, mass communication, media advocacy, application of behaviour change theory
- Experience in managing and coordinating health related projects
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring, facilitating and engaging youth populations
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups (e.g., social services, not for profit, health professionals)
- Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
- Demonstrated ability in program planning and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in both official languages – verbal and written
- Ability to use computer technology including MS word, PowerPoint, Internet, email and social media
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work flex hours as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $29.39 to Maximum $33.08
Closing Date: December 17, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2012/045
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.