Deadline December 18, 2012
Sunnybrook Research Institute (affiliated with the University of Toronto) has an immediate opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Fellow to work in population based colorectal cancer screening research for a one year term (possibility of renewal).
Working under the supervision of the principal investigator (PI), the Post-Doctoral Fellow will assist with the design, execution, analysis and reporting of a variety of research projects in the area of colorectal cancer screening.
- Design and conduct quantitative analyses and procedures to meet the objectives of the project.
- Prepare statistical and descriptive progress reports.
- Assist the PI on the writing and submission of funding proposals and manuscripts.
- Work cooperatively and constructively with other members of the research team.
- Recent (<36 months) PhD graduate in epidemiology, statistics or equivalent quantitative science.
- Excellent analytical skills; experience with methodological development, manipulation and analysis of statistical data; ability to interpret statistical results and tables.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in common statistical packages (SAS, SPSS) and Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable and familiar with biostatistics methods and principles.
- Strong writing skills; ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly; ability to prepare statistical and descriptive reports for stakeholders.
- Maintains current knowledge about analytical techniques in population health research.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under pressures and to meet deadlines.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a .pdf resume and cover letter by 5 pm on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place on January 2, 2013.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.