North York, Ontario
Deadline February 15, 2013
2 Full time
In the North York Family Health Team (NYFHT), Physicians work with other healthcare professionals, such as Registered Nurses, Dietitians, Social Workers and Pharmacists to provide enhanced care to a greater number of patients. Family Health Teams are a key piece of the Government of Ontario's plan to build a healthcare system that promotes good health, reduces wait times and improves access to care.
At the NYFHT, we offer Monday to Friday daytime hours of work and a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Registered Nurse will provide comprehensive care within an inter-professional patient-centred care model and provide clinical support to the family doctors. Clinical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions
- Providing prenatal, infant and elder care
- Conducting EKG tests and venipunctures
- Administering injections and vaccinations
- Dispensing and administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician
- Delivering health education programs
- Engaging in research activities related to nursing
- Participating in community needs assessment and program development
- Conducting disease screening
- Delivering immunization programs
The RN will develop an expertise in one or more of the following clinical priority programs; diabetes, enhanced 18-month visit, and mental health. The RN will work within the full scope of nursing practice as it pertains to family medicine.
- Minimum 2 years relevant clinical experience as a licensed Nurse
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Practical experience in primary healthcare highly preferred
- Practical experience in diabetes care (counselling and assessment) - Certified Diabetes Educator status would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving using sound judgment and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care
- Demonstrated computer literacy is required to facilitate the use of electronic medical records
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a busy multi-disciplinary team
If interested, please apply to the attention of Human Resources by: Email: [email protected], or Fax: 416-494-8525. Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that all successful candidates are required to provide a satisfactory background verification/criminal reference check.
The North York Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men and women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.