Port Hope and Lindsay, Ontario
Deadline February 15, 2013
Family Health Nurses
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has two openings for full-time Family Health Nurses in its Department of Family Health.
- Competition #0002-13 - Family Health Nurse - Port Hope office
- Competition #0030 - 12 - Family Health Nurse - Lindsay office
As a member of the Family Health Department, the Family Health Nurse is responsible for the implementation of assigned programs carried out within the department.
The Family Health Nurse provides a variety of services to individuals, families, groups and communities, and functions as an educator, health promoter, advocate, and counselor with some specific nursing assessment and screening.
The Family Health Nurse works under the direction of the Director/Manager, Family Health, but exercises professional judgement and makes decisions within program parameters without close supervision.
The Family Health Nurse systematically assesses the needs of individuals, families, groups and communities using a variety of theoretical frameworks and program guidelines; from data collected, determines needs and develops plans jointly with those persons/groups involved, mutually agreeing upon strategies and interventions to achieve identified long and short-term goals; implements, plans and evaluates in collaboration with those involved.
All Registered Nurses employed by the HKPR District Health Unit are required to maintain competency in immunization and participate in clinics as required.
Visit http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Careers/FamilyHealthNurse.aspx, and click on "position description," for full details about these positions.
The successful candidate will have:
- a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, or Public Health Nursing Diploma
- registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- demonstrated leadership skills
- ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team and with community groups
- knowledge of, and experience with, program planning, community development and health promotion strategies
- teaching, counseling, and group facilitation skills
- nursing experience relevant to the position (ie. in maternal/child health, reproductive health, and/or sexual health) an asset
- working knowledge of Windows-based applications and internet use
- proof of immunizations required by the HKPR District Health Unit
- current CPR and First Aid (HCP level)
- a current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- a valid "G" driver's license and access to a vehicle for work
Location: Port Hope (1 position) and Lindsay (1 position)
Salary Range: $69196 - $75,985 (ONA 2013)
Qualified applicants should indicate which position they are applying for and send a resume and cover letter by Friday, February 15, 2013 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope, ON L1A 3V6
Tel: (905) 885-9100
Fax: (905) 885-9551
Email: [email protected]
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.