Deadline February 8, 2013
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Ontario (formerly known as Canadian Paraplegic Association Ontario) is an expert in the field of spinal cord injury. Founded in 1945, SCI Ontario champions excellence in service, advocacy and quality of life for people with spinal cord injuries. SCI Ontario is a vibrant community-based organization that has dramatically increased its revenue and undergone significant growth in recent years to better serve our clients across Ontario. Our core service areas include Employment Services, Peer Support, Regional Services (one-on-one community support work with clients), Information Services, Membership and Attendant Services.
SCI Ontario is building a cultural competency and diversity plan that addresses our clients, staff and other stakeholders. The plan will be based on consideration of the areas of culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, socioeconomic status, language, and disability. SCI Ontario invites consultants to submit a proposal for contract Cultural Competence Training instructional design and evaluation for our staff.
Scope of the contract: Cultural competence training for SCI Ontario staff will address the question of how culture and difference affects SCI Ontario client service delivery. The consultant will design cultural competence awareness training for SCI Ontario staff with the following intended results:
- SCI Ontario staff understand how culture and diversity influence the client service plan for all service areas,
- SCI Ontario staff are able to deliver service in a way that is sensitive to our clients’ culture and diversity needs.
Deliverables for this project include:
- Instructional design and delivery of a three-hour cultural competence workshop for Toronto SCI Ontario staff including all materials to support the training (PowerPoint or Prezi slides, Teaching/learning activities, facilitator’s guide, assessment strategies, evaluation).
- Instructional design for three 30-minute cultural competence eLearning modules including all materials to support the training (same as above, excluding delivery).
Timeframe: This project must be completed by March 31, 2013.
Requirements: The successful consultant will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Instructional Design (both face-to-face and eLearning),
- Proven ability to employ active learning strategies and evidence-based practice in adult learning ,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate a high level of tact and diplomacy when dealing with a wide variety of people,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cultural competence training.
Proposal content: The proposal must not exceed two pages and will include the following:
- Overview of your understanding of the scope and requirements of the project,
- Description of the approach used to carry out the project,
- Description of project timeline and milestones,
- A budget for the total cost of the work, including materials, other expenditures and taxes.
Please submit your proposal via email to [email protected] no later than Friday February 8, 2013.