Deadline February 18, 2013
Maternity Leave Contract
Six (6) months – (possibility of extending contract up to 1 year)
Flexible work options are available – full time or flexible part time hours
Maternity Leave Term: March 4, 2013 – August 30, 2013
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
The Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is seeking a dynamic team player to join an innovative primary health care team. The Northumberland Family Health Team is a primary care organization based on a collaborative interdisciplinary model emphasizing health promotion and prevention and chronic disease management. The respiratory therapist will share expertise and knowledge about chronic disease management with clients and their families as well as other health care professionals.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for counseling and educating patients about their specific disease process (ie: Asthma, COPD, RLD) and how to manage their disease properly (symptom control, trigger avoidance, peak flow monitoring and puffer education). Involvement in the Smoking cessation program may also be included.
- Three year diploma or four year joint diploma/degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- Certified RRT; Registered member in good standing with CRTO.
- Certified Respiratory Education diploma is an asset.
- Certified Tobacco cessation counselor (TEACH training preferred) is an asset.
- Experience in assessment and counseling in a primary care setting is an asset.
- Experience with utilizing Electronic Medical Records is an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting.
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume by February 18th, 2013 to Tracy West at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the Northumberland Family Health Team please visit http://www.nfht.ca.