Deadline February 15, 2013
Share Your Knowledge: Present at the 2013 Canadian Evaluation Conference
The Canadian Evaluation Society invites you to submit a presentation proposal for its 2013 conference Evaluation Across Boundaries June 9th – 12th in Toronto, Canada. This year, delegates will examine the relationship between evaluators and those evaluated, especially in the context of these four conference strands:
- Discovery: What are implications for individual skill-sets and aptitudes? What are impacts to approaches, methodologies, technologies and tools useful and relevant to individual practice and practice quality?
- Engagement: How can we make evaluation accessible across a whole region? What are implications for the diverse communities we serve?
- Outreach: What is our role in embedding evaluative thinking and evaluation in our organizations, networks and communities?
- Network building: How do we expand and leverage the Canadian experience to influence and shape governance in the local and global sphere beyond traditional borders and boundaries?
Presentations could include a paper, an expert lecture, a roundtable discussion, a demonstration, a think tank, or a panel.
Guidelines for submission
- Deadline for proposal submission is: Friday, February 15, 2013
- The proposal submission form is available on the conference website at: cestoronto2013.ca/program-at-a-glance/submission-guidelines/
All submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria
- Relevance to conference theme and alignment to central topic within a strand
- Technical merit – would likely, if expanded to a manuscript, be published in a peer-reviewed journal
- Is innovative – introduces new ideas, methods, and/or approaches that promote new knowledge and have the potential to contribute to the field
- Focuses on broader issues of evaluation methods, theories, policies and practices that have value to a wide community within CES, to in contrast to presenting findings of a specific evaluation
- Includes interactive and/or other methods to support learning where applicable
- Presenters selected can expect to be notified by the first week in March
- Presenters selected are guaranteed the early bird registration rate for the 2013 conference.
- Please see conference website for further details: http://cestoronto2013.ca