These workshops will explore the background of the National low-risk drinking guidelines (LRDG’s), regional data related to the burden of alcohol, and current Ontario-based campaigns addressing LRDG messaging. A detailed overview of PHO’s 12-step health communication model will be provided utilizing evaluated campaigns as practical application examples.
- Ben Rempel, Health Promotion Field Specialist, Alcohol Policy, Public Health Ontario.
- Sophie Rosa, Health Promotion Field Specialist, Health Communication, Public Health Ontario
- Describe the prevalence and burden of alcohol
- Share drinking behaviour data by region and subpopulation
- Present key findings from PHO’s review of alcohol-related health messaging
- Explain PHO’s 12-step health communication model with application to developing health communication plans specific to Canada’s LRDG’s
All events are 9:00 a.m.–4:15 p.m.
- Sudbury, Ontario, March 5, 2013, Steel Workers Hall, 66 Brady Street
- London, Ontario, March 19, 2013, Central Library, Stevenson Hunt Room A&B, 251 Dundas Street
- Kingston, Ontario, March 22, 2013, KFL&A Public Health, Auditorium A and B, 221 Portsmouth Ave
For more information or to register for these events, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5536190896#.