April 22, 2013
An Accredited Health Unit Since 1990
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has an opening for a temporary v. This is a full-time, non-union, term status position starting July 15, 2013 until May 9, 2014. This position will be based in our Brockville Office and sits within our Healthy Living and Development Department. Visit http://www.healthunit.org to learn more about us.
The public health nutritionist provides leadership and expertise in the identification of community nutrition needs and the planning, implementation and evaluation of nutrition activities. The nutritionist provides consultative services to both health unit staff and the community as well as direct services to clients. This position reports to the Manager in the Healthy Living and Development Department.
- Baccalaureate degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition;
- Masters degree in a nutrition related field;
- Current membership in the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Knowledge and skill in health promotion and prevention of illness strategies;
- Relevant community or public health nutrition experience;
- Experience/interest in working with at-risk families;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Independent, flexible and organized’
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interagency team and with other professionals, volunteers and interest groups;
- Own transportation and current driver’s licence;
- Criminal record check;
- Up-to-date immunization including annual influenza.
Salary Range: $63,967 to $75,049 Annual (1.0 FTE), plus twelve (12) percent in lieu of benefits and six (6) percent vacation.
Apply by: Please submit your resume with covering letter detailing how you meet the required qualifications by 4:30 pm on April 22, 2013.
Send to: [email protected]