Deadline June 28, 2013
Closing Date: June 28, 2013
Location: Within Ontario, Toronto preferred
Term: Permanent position, 4 days a week, starting in July 2013
Health Nexus provides a range of services that support individuals, organizations and communities to strengthen their capacity to promote health and build healthy and thriving communities. Our areas of focus include: early child development, chronic disease prevention and health equity (inclusion). Health Nexus is dedicated to serving Ontario's diverse Francophone communities. We also help to build the capacity of English language organizations to offer French language services.
Health Nexus seeks a Bilingual Health Promotion Specialist (4 days per week) to provide health promotion-related consultative advice, expertise and services in both English and French as determined by the mandate and priorities of the Health Nexus. The successful applicant will work primarily with HC Link, a consortium of 3 organizations and one of our key programs.
- Monitor and track health promotion trends and issues
- Analyze, synthesize, transform into useable formats, and disseminate relevant information in a variety of media (e.g. print, websites, e-bulletins).
- Coordinate the production of a French language health promotion electronic newsletter
- Develop and / or contribute to the production of learning resources, training material or articles for publication or distribution via social media
- Assess and clarify health promotion requests and client needs, providing information, referrals and consultations as required
- Develop and deliver learning events (e.g. webinars, workshops, conference sessions) tailored to meet needs or respond to an identified opportunity. This includes designing or adapting training content/method/tools and evaluation.
- Establish and maintain partnerships and initiatives with various local, provincial and national organizations and health promotion professionals
- Contribute to the development of proposals and reports.
- University degree in a related field and a minimum of three year’s related experience (e.g. health promotion/community health) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of health promotion, the broad determinants of health and good knowledge of Ontario’s population and related health and social issues
- Knowledge of Francophone communities, stakeholders and related health and social issues
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess and respond tactfully and effectively to client needs.
- Project management experience
- Computer literacy with social media, e-mail, internet/intranet application, database, listserv manipulation, word processing and other information management methods
Please submit a letter of interest in both English and French, and resume, in confidence to:
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 301
Toronto, M5G 1Z8
Email: [email protected]
View the notice online at http://en.healthnexus.ca/about-us/employment.