Deadline August 7, 2013
The Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Healthy Communities Partnership (HCP) includes four municipalities: The County of Prince Edward, Hastings County, the City of Quinte West, and the City of Belleville. The purpose of the HCP is to advance effective and sustainable policy that will enhance the health of people living in Hastings and Prince Edward counties. This is achieved through a process of building relationships between institutions, community groups and citizens, and enhancing our collective capacity to identify and address health issues that will result in improved health outcomes and quality of life. HCP membership is open to all organizations, networks and interested individuals in Hastings and Prince Edward counties.
The HCP requires an experienced consultant to complete a situational assessment for healthy eating and active living in Hastings and Prince Edward counties.
Description of Work
The consultant will conduct a situational assessment that will guide the HCP in identifying priorities and planning policy action activities. Working under the direction of the HCP the consultant will connect with community stakeholders and residents to:
- Learn any new information to describe the healthy eating and active living situation in Hastings and Prince Edward counties. This information will be used to supplement the Community Picture Summary completed in February 2011.
- Outline any perceived barriers to healthy eating and active living in Hastings and Prince Edward counties.
- Describe community readiness for policy action related to healthy eating and active living.
- Identify key stakeholders and indicate how they can be involved in policy action.
- Recommend priority policy options for healthy eating and active living.
Suggested timelines are as follows:
- First planning meeting with HCP week of September 3, 2013
- Draft research questions, determine methodology and sample size, and draft data gathering plan by September 10, 2013
- Development of data gathering tools by September 27, 2013
- Complete data gathering by November 29, 2013
- Complete analysis and interpretation of data collected by December 5, 2013
- Submit final written report and present findings to HCP by December 13, 2013
Ownership of Materials
All material produced under the agreement will be the sole property of the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Healthy Communities Partnership both during and following the terms of the agreement. If material has been previously published or is in the public domain, references will be cited to the appropriate sources.
Proposals in PDF format to be submitted by noon, local time August 7, 2013. Please submit proposal to the HCP at firstname.lastname@example.org attention Susan C. Kiley Mullaly RD, Public Health Dietitian.
The proposal must include a profile of expertise and core competencies relevant to the project, description of relevant work done previously, an initial work plan with deliverables, as well as a detailed budget itemizing costs. In addition we request names and contact information for two relevant references.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted the week of August 12, 2013. Interviews will be scheduled the week of August 19, 2013.
Please note hiring is dependent upon receipt of 2013 Healthy Communities Funding from the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.