Deadline August 7, 2013
The Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Healthy Communities Partnership (HCP) includes four municipalities: The County of Prince Edward, Hastings County, the City of Quinte West, and the City of Belleville. The purpose of the HCP is to advance effective and sustainable policy that will enhance the health of people living in Hastings and Prince Edward counties. This is achieved through a process of building relationships between institutions, community groups and citizens, and enhancing our collective capacity to identify and address health issues that will result in improved health outcomes and quality of life. HCP membership is open to all organizations, networks and interested individuals in Hastings and Prince Edward counties.
The HCP requires the services of a consultant with expertise in communication strategies for policy change.
Description of Work
The consultant will assist in the development of a communication strategy designed to increase awareness and build support for healthy community policy related to healthy eating and active living. The consultant will work with the HCP to:
- Undertake a review of communication objectives, audiences and strategies, and develop a written communication plan to assist the HCP in meeting its overall goals and objectives. The communication plan should include both conventional and social media as key components.
- Guide the development of identified communication tools which may include the development of a video, a public service announcement, or other relevant communication products.
Suggested timelines are as follows:
- First planning meeting with HCP week of September 9, 2013
- Development of communication strategy by October 31, 2013
- Development of recommended communication tools by December 6, 2013
Ownership of Materials
All material produced under the agreement will be the sole property of the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Healthy Communities Partnership both during and following the terms of the agreement. If material has been previously published or is in the public domain, references will be cited to the appropriate sources.
Proposals in PDF format to be submitted by noon, local time August 7, 2013. Please submit proposal to the HCP at email@example.com to the attention of Tanya Hill, Health Promoter.
The proposal must include a profile of expertise and core competencies relevant to the project, description of relevant work done previously, an initial work plan with deliverables, as well as a detailed budget itemizing costs. In addition we request names and contact information for two relevant references.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted the week of August 12, 2013. Interviews will be scheduled the week of August 19, 2013.
Please note hiring is dependent upon receipt of 2013 Healthy Communities Funding from the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.