No deadline noted
Title: Public Health Physician (24 month part-time position -0.5 FTE)
Program: Health Promotion
Job ID: 13-0087
Public Health Ontario (PHO) is an arm's-length government agency dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
Further information is available at http://www.oahpp.ca.
Reporting to the Chief, Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention (HPCDIP), the Public Health Physician (PHP) will:
- Provide specialized advice and contribute field relevance and practice-based expertise to HPCDIP activities, particularly in reference to providing advice to public health partners to support the implementation of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Program and Family Health Program Standards, and relevant sections of the Foundational Standard.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of HPCDIP initiatives, including providing oversight for selected HPCDIP-led projects.
- Participate in HPCDIP scientific studies, as collaborator, co-investigator or principal investigator based on experience, skills and team complement.
- Supervise and mentor Public Health and Preventive Medicine residents and other trainees as required.
- Support the Chief in ensuring that the scientific and technical advice provided to public health partners is of the highest quality (including ensuring public health partner relevance).
- As required, this position will also represent PHO, promoting our mandate and strategic initiatives through presentations at meetings, conferences and other activities. In so doing, the position will serve as a bridge to enhance connections between the HPCDIP Division and public health partners.
This position will provide the successful candidate with valuable personal and professional development. The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience at the provincial agency level.
This two year (24 month) part-time term position may be filled as a secondment or direct employment opportunity.
Education and Experience
- Fellowship in Public Health and Preventive Medicine preferred.
- Other suitably qualified physicians with post graduate training in public health will also be considered.
- Minimum of two years of local public health experience preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine in Ontario or eligible for licensure in Ontario.
Applications will be considered starting on August 12, 2013. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Job Status: Part Time Temporary – 24 months – 0.5FTE
Posting date: 7/26/2013
Street Address: 480 University Avenue
Province: Ontario [ON]
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.oahpp.ca/careers and click on the job title (Public Health Physician, Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention).
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.