Deadline August 10, 2013
Phoenix Centre for Children & Families requires a Nurse Parent Educator (Part Time)
The Phoenix Centre for Children & Families, a not-for-profit organization based in Pembroke, and is a children’s mental health treatment agency. The Phoenix Centre is seeking a Nurse Parent Educator to work with staff on the various Prenatal and Parenting programs and parenting website offered by this agency. Working in tandem with the Manager of National Parenting programs, the Nurse Parent Educator will facilitate parent discussions in the online prenatal and parenting Welcome to Parenting program; update current content and curriculum in the parenting programs and participate curriculum development in adapting parenting program for high risk groups. This position is required for the Pembroke office.
Responsibilities: Major Responsibilities:
- Work with the Manager of National Parenting Programs and team staff to update current content and curriculum in the following prenatal and parenting programs Welcome to Parenting http://www.welcometoparenting.com, the Parenting Partnership program http://www.parentingpartnership.com and the parenting website http://www.parents2parents.ca.
- Facilitate online discussions in the Parent Zone for the Welcome to Parenting program.
- Monitor the Parenting Q & As section of the Welcome to Parenting program and responds to parent questions or refers the questions to the agency Panel of Experts.
- Participate in curriculum development of program adaptations for high risk groups.
- Assist the Manager of National Parenting Programs when special projects occur.
- Registered Nurse with BSCN or B.N. required; MEd or Master’s in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in maternal child nursing; experience in teaching childbirth preparation and post-natal recovery or parenting programs; understanding of child development and parent/child and couple relationships
- Or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Available to work 2.5 days per week.
- Experienced computer user with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Bilingualism a definite asset
Please send resume to:
Greg Lubimiv, Executive Director
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families
130 Pembroke Street West, Suite 200
Pembroke, Ontario K8A 5M8
Competition Closes: August 10, 2013
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.