Deadline August 23, 2013
1 Full Time Permanent Timmins Office
This position provides nutrition and dietetic services to public health and Canada Prenatal Nutrition (CPNP) programs. The public health dietitian develops, implements and evaluates community based nutrition programs and services using a variety of health promotion strategies including awareness raising, education and skill building, environmental support and policy development. Based on identified needs, the public health dietitian works collaboratively with staff, coalitions, professionals, and agencies, in worksite, community and school settings to deliver nutrition services and programs. The position is based in Timmins with service to designated branch office communities.
- Baccalaureate degree in foods and nutrition or equivalent program
- Eligibility for membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario will be required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in both official languages considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-directed worker who requires minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle are required
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel to meet program needs
Consider joining our progressive, multi-disciplinary team of public health professionals committed to health promotion and disease prevention. For more information about the Porcupine Health Unit, visit our website at http://www.porcupinehu.on.ca.
Please forward your resume by Friday, August 23, 2013 to:
Porcupine Health Unit
Postal Bag 2012 169 Pine Street South
Timmins, ON P4N 8B7
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disponible en français