Deadline August 20, 2013
3 month Temporary Contract (35 hours per week) with availability to work Casual/Part Time
Position Reports to: Clinical Manager
Number of Positions Supervised: 0
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, and working within the overall objectives of the program and the standards of the College, the NP functions within a collaborative team of Nurse Practitioner and Physician in a shared practice model of care. Clients may include individuals, family and the community. Health care services are provided with a strong emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention.
- Provide primary health care services within the defined PHCNP extended class scope of practice.
- Consult with a physician as per the PHCNP Standards of Practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Provide obstetrical care within a shared practice model.
- Share a home visit schedule with a Physician.
- Maintain comprehensive client records that meet all required standards of practice, participate in chart audits and peer review, and discuss difficult cases.
- Enter client encounter data in electronic health record daily.
- Act as a preceptor for students.
- Participate in community health promotion initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge, and Specifications:
- Certificate of Competency in the Registered Nurses – Extended Class of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Three to five years’ experience, preferably in community based care
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated commitment to, and knowledge of, the principles of primary health care, health promotion, anti-oppression and community based health care delivery.
To apply: Please state in your application, and/or in the email subject line that you are applying for the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner. Please send resume with a cover letter by 5:00 pm August 20, 2013 to
185 - Fifth Street
Etobicoke, ON M8V 2Z5
Fax: (416) 252-4474 or
by email: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
LAMP is dedicated to achieving a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from equity seeking groups.