Kingston & Napanee, Ontario
Deadline August 26, 2013
Internal / External Posting
Posting Date: August 2, 2013
Closing Date: August 26, 2013
Position Title 1: Manager, Primary Health Care (based in North Kingston)
Position Title 2: Manager, Regional Programs (based in Napanee)
Reporting: Director of Operations
Position Type: Full time, permanent
Start Date: September 2013
Annual Salary: $74,452 - $87,590
The Manager, working closely with and taking direction from the Director of Operations, coordinates the successful development and delivery of the program portfolio/scope of work to ensure effective use of resources and that client needs are met. The Manager provides leadership and ensures implementation through front line supervisors and direct staff reports.
The Manager, Primary Health Care, is responsible for a broad spectrum of primary and allied health care at our Kingston site, various community health programs, and immigration and settlement initiatives.
The Manager, Regional Programs, is responsible for a broad spectrum of primary and allied health care at the Napanee Area Community Health Centre, the regional Telemedicine program, and the Self-Management Program of Southeastern Ontario. The manager will also be involved in the Napanee Area CHC capital build project.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary accountability for developing and implementing operational plans relevant to the portfolio. Manages relevant budgets, and prepares grant and funding proposals as needed.
- Responsible for management, effective supervision, training and delegation within the program area. Working with the Director, ensures adequate levels of staff to support operational programming.
- Promotes and demonstrates through example the mission, values, and culture of KCHC. Demonstrates commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Maintains open communication and effective internal and external relationships.
- Works collaboratively with the Director and others in the development and successful implementation of portfolio operational and quality plans. Actively participates in joint management team and other committees. Supports the Director in achieving overall organizational goals.
- Collaborates with community resources for planning, coordination, and facilitation of programs within the manager’s portfolio. Fosters partnerships and integration.
- Actively participates in information management, health planning, reporting and research activities.
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies & procedures, including provincial and federal privacy regulations.
- Works during both regular and extended hours in locations identified by the Centre.
- On occasion, other temporary duties may be required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Master’s level degree in relevant graduate discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Demonstrated life-long learner.
- Five to seven years or more of front line management experience, preferably in the community health, education, or social services sector.
- Mission focused leadership philosophy and ability to foster a strong organizational culture. Proven ability as a “team player”.
- Experience with assessment, program development, and evaluation experience in a related environment.
- Knowledge of community-based health care, determinants of health and provincial health policies, legislation, and directions.
Qualifications: Demonstration of Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Results-based management skills. Sound judgment, ability to delegate and demonstrate results. Solution focused problem solving abilities with the ability to adapt and develop new solutions and experience with quality improvement techniques. Experience with strategic visioning and change management an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding, mentoring, and collaboration skills; flexibility within a rapidly changing environment.
- Effective written, verbal, electronic communication skills, including report writing, public speaking and social networking.
- Able to work under pressure and ability to prioritize; organize and manage multiple projects and demands; deal with multiple situations simultaneously; and attention to detail.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Valid driver’s license, valid insurance coverage, access to vehicle is required. The Regional Program position will require some travel throughout the region.
Ethics: To maintain client, personnel and organization confidentiality and acting in an ethical and professional manner in accordance with the privacy legislation and the policies of Kingston Community Health Centres.
As a member of the staff, to use tact and good judgment in all communications and dealings with other staff members and the public, keeping confidential and private any information gained in dealing with them.
CPIC: Successful candidates must submit a Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check as a condition of employment.
- Group A: All staff permanent, probationary, casual or term employees who have gone through a full hiring process and are currently on the payroll of KCHC for 3 consecutive months are eligible to apply. (Please see the Personnel Policy Manual for full details Policy D)
- Group B: Employees within their first 3 months of probation as well as active volunteers, with a minimum 100 hrs of service within the last 6 months, are also eligible and will be considered if Group A applicants have not been deemed suitable. Please note that volunteers who apply must clearly indicate in the covering letter the number of volunteer hours they have completed at KCHC.
Applicants will not be considered unless they include a 1-3 page attachment in point form along with their resume which clearly demonstrates how their previous skills and experience correspond to each of the above qualification criteria. When you submit your application please indicate in your cover letter if you are interested in being considered for both manager positions or one, and any preference you have.
Applications must be received by the Director, Corporate Services no later than at 4:00 P.M. August 26, 2013.
Please note that interviews are tentatively planned for September 5 and 6, 2013.
Please send applications to:
Director, Corporate Services
Kingston Community Health Centres
400 Elliott Avenue
Kingston, Ontario K7K 6M9
Email: [email protected]
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees