Deadline October 25, 2013
The Hastings and Prince Edward Counties Health Unit requires a permanent, full time Dietitian in the Environmental Health and Chronic Disease & Injury Prevention Department.
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent will participate as part of an interdisciplinary team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the healthy eating and healthy weights component of the Chronic Disease Prevention program to meet the requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards 2008. The initial assignment will mainly involve food security and food skills. The incumbent will also collaborate with community agencies, coalitions and inter-agency groups to promote healthy eating in the community.
- A 4 year Bachelor Degree in Foods and Nutrition.
- A one year accredited dietetic internship which meets the requirements of the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Demonstrated group facilitation, organization, interpersonal and communication skills. Self directed with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license, use of a vehicle and willingness to travel within the district. Satisfactory police records check is required.
Normal Working Hours: 8:30 - 4:30 - Flexible working hours are required.
The Health Unit provides a competitive salary range and a full benefits package including four weeks vacation.
Apply before 4:30 pm on Friday, October 25, 2013 at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Mr. Scott Elder
Manager of Administration
Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit
179 North Park Street
Belleville, Ontario K8P 4P1
The Health Unit welcomes those with disabilities. To make arrangements for accommodation in the recruitment process, contact us at the above contacts.