Deadline November 4, 2013
1 Yr Maternity Leave
Full Time position (35 hours per week) starting January 6th, 2014
Parkdale Community Health Centre (PCHC) is located in a vibrant, multi-cultural, downtown neighbourhood. We work with the community, in all its diversity, to address its health-related needs through community development and action, the delivery of primary health care, counselling, advocacy, and health promotion. We give priority to individuals and groups who traditionally encounter barriers to high quality health care services, including people who are refugees and immigrants, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans and Questioning, people who live in poverty, psychiatric survivors, women, seniors, and people who live on or near the street.
We are seeking a Diabetes Dietitian who possesses the required knowledge and skills to deliver programs and services to clients on the prevention, care and management of diabetes. The Diabetes Dietitian will work within an interprofessional team to provide a thorough nutritional assessment of clients with Diabetes and will develop client centered nutrition care plans that reflect the client’s readiness, socio-economic and cultural background.
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Three to five years current experience as a diabetes dietitian within a health care setting preferably within the community.
- Ability to adapt dietary recommendations for people from diverse cultures as well as people who face barriers to food security such as poverty, low income and mental health issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of the social determinants of health on an individual’s ability to maintain a healthy diet.
- Certification as diabetes educator is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of anti-racism and anti-oppression.
- A second language such as Portuguese, Spanish, Hungarian or Mandarin would be an asset.
Salary Range: $51,642.65 - $62,219.00 per annum and an excellent benefit package
Please send resume and cover letter by Nov 4th, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
The Hiring Committee (Diabetes Dietitian)
Parkdale Community Health Centre
1229 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON, M6K 1L2
Applications may also be sent via e-mail to: [email protected] or by fax to 416-537-5133
Please send a single file in MS Word or PDF format only, quoting “Diabetes Dietitian” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal reference check as a condition of employment.
PCHC is committed to the principles of access and equity.
We encourage applicants who reflect Toronto’s ethnic and cultural diversity.
Date posted: October 21st, 2013