North Bay, Ontario
Deadline December 16, 2013
Position: Public Health Nurse – ONA – Sexual Health Team
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 Fte)
Effective: As Soon As Possible To July 25, 2014 (Subject To Change)
Additional Info: Leave Of Absence
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Working as a member of the Sexual Health Team in a highly structured setting to provide sexual health clinical services consistent with the Ontario Public Health Standards 2008 for sexual health, sexually transmitted infections and blood borne infections (including HIV/AIDS) in the North Bay and Parry Sound district.
- Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- BScN or Diploma in Public Health Nursing
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Two years recent experience in an acute care and/or public health setting with a focus on sexual health, sexually
- transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS including a clinical component
- Experience in inventory monitoring and control, as well as statistical data management
- Knowledge of local community resources for referral
- Knowledge of harm reduction strategies as required to administer needle exchange
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Point-of-Care HIV Testing
- An understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations such as the Health Protection and
- Promotion Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act
- (PHIPA), Child and Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Advanced skills in venipuncture; screening for sexually transmitted infections; pap testing; and, pelvic examination
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills particular to working with adolescents and young adults
- Computer skills in word processing, internet, iPHIS, and Clinic 2.0
- Ability to work within a self directed team and collaborate with other teams in program delivery
- Ability to research and prepare proposals, briefs and annual reports
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Have initiated or completed a HB vaccination series or proof of immunity
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies.
Hourly Rate: BScN/PHN – Minimum $36.79 to Maximum $41.42
Closing Date: December 16, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education and a copy of your current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job #PH/2013/052 North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or E-mail: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.