Deadline December 12, 2013
Position: Prenatal Educator - Casual (1)
File #: 13807
Role Level: Clinical Patient Services (CPS II) – $24.82 - $30.05
Dept/Health System: Childbirth Education Program, Women’s & Children's Health System
Hours of Work/Shifts:
- 2 Hour Classes, approximately 1 weekday class, as required
- Weekend classes approximately 1 per month, as required
- Available to Work Days, Evenings & Weekends
Posted: December 05, 2013
Deadline: December 12, 2013
- Certification as a childbirth educator preferred and/or Registered Nurse with recent Obstetrical and adult education experience
- Current Lactation Consultant Certification (IBCLC) or Registered Nurse with recent breastfeeding knowledge preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with advanced clinical preparation in the field of Obstetrics and/or certification in their specialty and/or recent knowledge in prenatal care and childbirth techniques
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and problem solving skills to be able to work as part of a dynamic and diverse team of professionals
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Reliable and flexible individual to work as part of a diverse work team
- Positive attendance and work record essential
- Provides current, evidence based information to prenatal clients within the program in a manner that will enhance their confidence and knowledge in preparation for childbirth. Instructional objectives are based on principles of adult learning
- Provides education to expectant mothers/parent groups as required
- Monitors trends in patient satisfaction and identifies strategies for improvement
- Responsible for own professional development to maintain up-to-date and new trends knowledge base
- Availability must include one 7.5 hour shift for observational purposes in the birthing suites at THP
Send your resume submission to [email protected].
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.