Deadline January 8, 2014
6 Month - Contract Position
Term of Contract: January 20, 2014 – July 4, 2014 (start date may be flexible)
Hours of Work: 17.5 hours per week
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
The Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is seeking a dynamic team player to join our innovative primary health care team that is based on a collaborative interdisciplinary model.
The Health Promoter will work with and assist the team members in health promotion and chronic disease management and prevention initiatives.
- University or community college education, specialized in community education, health promotion, adult education, marketing, communications or community engagement.
- Practical experience in the development of community health education programs.
- Background in nursing, education, social work or other allied health professions is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent oral, written and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and knowledge of EMR systems would be an asset.
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Tracy West at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8, 2014. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.