Deadline January 5, 2014
Application deadline: January 5, 2014
Salary range: $44,516 - $53,633 plus benefits package
Position Type: Full-time 1.0 FTE
WellFort is a nonprofit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
WellFort is now recruiting for a full time Outreach Worker for its Bloom Clinic.
- Develop annual communication and outreach plans.
- Develop communications tools, promotional and outreach materials.
- Conduct outreach activities throughout Region of Peel with a diverse range of stakeholder groups to raise awareness regarding HIV and HCV, promote Bloom, connect with the priority populations and facilitate referrals to treatment and treatment supports.
- Design and deliver HIV/HCV education workshops.
- Provide information on and referrals to internal and external resources.
- Participate in community events that educate the community on issues related to HIV/AIDS and/or HCV.
- Oversee a Peer Worker Program to provide opportunities for IDUs and people with HCV and HIV.
- Recruit and train community members for the Peer Worker Program.
- In collaboration with other staff and/or shared care partners, identify clients with complex needs.
- Maintain supportive relationships with clients and family members.
- Undergraduate degree in health sciences, social studies or another relevant field.
- Minimum of three years community outreach and education experience in a community-based setting preferably in an HIV/AIDS and/or HCV program.
- Demonstrated experience in outreach, peer programs, health promotion principles, community development, harm reduction principles and strategies.
- Experience working with people at risk of/or living with HIV/AIDS or HCV, LGBTQ communities, Newcomers, Youth, People who are homeless and/or street involved, People with addictions and/or mental health issues; and those who have experience with the prison system.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications and outreach plans
- Excellent understanding and experience with adult education methodologies.
- Familiarity with Region of Peel service providers, including community service providers, primary care providers, hospitals, correctional facilities and ethno-specific organizations.
- Understanding of the issues facing marginalized populations.
- An advanced understanding and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power and privilege that affect individual, organizational and community health.
- Experience in partnership development, project management and administration of program budgets.
- Lived experience with HIV or HCV a definite asset.
- Proficiency in language(s) relevant to Peel residents considered an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to create an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work interdependently and respectfully in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours as the position entails evening and weekend work.
Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Please quote “OW-1213” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.